In the event of an immediate health emergency, contact your local emergency services via phone at 911 or call Campus Safety at 860-439-2222. 

All students needing urgent assistance after-hours may reach an off-site licensed professional clinician who has partnered with us. 

  • You may reach the service by calling (860) 439-4587 and pressing option 2 or 3.
  • This is a telephone-based mental health service that is available to all students in need of access to mental health support when Student Counseling Services is not open.
  • This service provides students with access to an off-site counselor who will provide support at any time during the evening, weekend or break.

All students needing assistance during or after-hours may reach an off-site licensed professional clinician who has partnered with us to receive urgent or on-going care:

  • Through the app, you can call or chat with a Student Support Counselor 24/7 in real-time or schedule a telephone or video session that fits your schedule. My SSP provides support in the event of a personal crisis and also connects students with providers, offering both short and long-term counseling.
  • You can browse a digital library of helpful articles and videos.
  • Or call My SSP directly at (866) 743-7732 (If calling from outside North America, dial 001-416-380-6578).
  • The services offered through this app are paid for by Connecticut College. 

For an emergency on campus evaluation with Southeastern Mental Health Authority (SMHA)

  • SMHA Main Phone:(860) 859-4500

  • 24 hour Crisis Line: (860) 886-9302

  • DMHAS Addiction Treatment 24 hour hotline: (800) 563-4086

Additional Hotlines and Text Lines

National Suicide Crisis Line: 988

Trevor Project Crisis Hotline: (866) 488-7386 or Text TREVOR to 741741

National Eating Disorders Helpline: (800) 931-2237 or Text NEDA to 741741

And finally, you may visit Columbia University's Health Education Program website, Go Ask Alice, for answers to many student questions on health matters.