In order for all students, guests, and alumni to feel comfortable and safe during Floralia, staff will be using a consistent method of addressing individuals who fail to abide by College policies and event guidelines.
- A first violation will be documented and the individual’s wristband will be hole punched.
- A second violation will be documented, the individual’s wristband will be removed, and the individual will be required to leave the Floralia event area.
- All documented incidents will be referred to the student conduct process or the Office of Student Life for resolution.
- Any individuals entering the Floralia event area prior to the 10 a.m. opening will have their wristband removed and will not be permitted to attend the event.
- Some violations (e.g. physical assault) may result in loss of wristband and automatic removal from the Floralia event area with no re-entry allowed.
- Conn students are responsible for the behavior of their guests. If a guest receives a hole punch, their Conn host will also receive a hole punch.
- If a guest is asked to leave the event, their Conn host will also be asked to leave.
- Students who appear significantly impaired because of alcohol or drug use may be denied entry or asked to leave the concert grounds.
What to Expect
- What happens if I attempt to enter the designated Floralia event area prior to 10 a.m.? An event staff member will remind you that the venue is closed and will instruct you to leave the area. If you refuse, become disruptive or fail to comply, your wristband will be removed and you will not be able to be present in the Floralia event area.
- What happens if I go to get a 21+ wristband at the Floralia Registration Station but I don’t have my government-issued ID or my Camel Card? You will not be issued a 21+ wristband.
- What can I expect if I approach one of the entrances but I am not wearing a Floralia wristband? You will not be permitted to enter the event area and you will be asked to visit the Floralia Registration Station (open 9 a.m. - 5 p.m.) in order to obtain a wristband.
- What can I expect when I approach one of the four Floralia event entrances? A Green Mountain Concert staff member will ask if you are bringing in any prohibited items. If you have a tent, bag, or cooler, they will be subject to search by the event staff. If you are entering with prohibited items, you will be prompted to place them into an amnesty receptacle located at the entrance. If you do so without objection, you will not be documented for a policy violation. If you become disruptive, argumentative or fail to comply, you will be documented and your wristband will be hole punched. Please note that amnesty at the entrances applies to glass containers, hard alcohol, and underage possession of closed containers. Amnesty does not apply to open containers regardless of an individual’s age.
- What happens if my guest is documented for a policy violation? You will be contacted because you are responsible for your guest’s behavior. If your guest is required to leave the event but allowed to remain on campus you will need to leave the event as well and remain with your guest elsewhere on campus.
- What can I expect if I choose to be in possession of an open container of alcohol (regardless of age) in Cro or on Cro Green? You will be documented and your wristband will be hole punched.
- What are the implications for being in possession of glass containers, common source containers, or hard alcohol (regardless of my age) in the Floralia event area (Library Green and Cro Green)? You will be documented and your wristband will be hole punched.
- What happens if I choose to go behind the stage barricade or attempt to get onto the stage? You will be documented and your wristband will be hole punched.
- What happens if I am documented a second time (already have one hole punch on my wristband)? Your wristband will be removed and you will not be permitted to enter the Floralia event area (Library Green and Cro Green).