The Office of Institutional Research and Planning produces high-quality and timely research for the president, senior administration, senior directors, faculty committees, academic departments, and others on campus. In addition to data collection, analysis and reporting for internal constituencies, the office also does a wide range of annual reporting to external entities including the federal and state governments, our regional accreditor (NECHE--formerly known as NEASC), the NCAA, college guidebooks, and others.
A fuller listing of the office's work includes:
- Tracking and reporting key institutional indicators for annual and strategic planning, budgeting, and enrollment management.
- Designing, administering, analyzing and reporting on internal and external research studies to inform College decision making, to support long-range planning, to promote institutional effectiveness, and to provide public accountability.
- Maintaining institutional datasets and coordinating reporting to external entities such as the U.S. Department of Education (via the annual set of IPEDS surveys), state government, the Higher Education Data Sharing consortium, NECHE, NCAA, the Connecticut Conference of Independent Colleges, etc.
- Coordinating completion and submission of all college guidebook surveys including the Common Data Set template, U.S. News and World Report, Princeton Review, College Board, Forbes, etc.
- Responding to internal requests for institutional data (from the Office of Communications, the Office of Corporate, Foundation and Government Relations, senior administrators, academic departments, faculty committees, faculty members, etc.) to promote effective management, operations, and teaching and learning.
- Collaborating with the Joy Shechtman Mankoff Center for Teaching & Learning, academic departments, and individual faculty members to assess student learning and report results to faculty members for their use in curricular improvement.
- Working with the College’s accreditation liaison to ensure successful interim and comprehensive NECHE reviews.