Membership and Donations
As a member of the Connecticut College Arboretum, you support 750 acres of cultivated gardens, natural areas and conservation land; and our mission of teaching, research, conservation, collections, stewardship of cultural resources, public education and recreation.
Thank you to all who renewed memberships for 2022-2023! Memberships are essential to ensuring the Arboretum continues its long-standing committment to conservation and supporting research and teaching in ecological and environmental studies. The continued investment of our members makes what we do here at the Arboretum possible.
With your support, we have been able to accomplish so much as we work to bridge the community to the natural world. Here's a look at some of our achievements this past year -
- We held our Ecological Landscape Symposium in a virtual format this past January and are looking forward to welcoming everyone back for an in-person event January 12-13, 2023.
- In June we kicked off the summer with Music in the Meadow.
- We reintroduced our popular Photo Contest and curated postcards and notecards, which are available for purchase.
Visit us anytime, from sunrise to sunset and make sure to check out the interactive maps. Also, as an Arboretum member, don't forget about the wonderful benefits that come with your valued membership:
- Notification of Arboretum programs.
- Discounts, like 40% on mailings of past publications, or free program registration rates.
- Complimentary copies of new Arboretum publications, like our New Directions in the American Landscape bulletin, and Annual Reports.
- An invitation to attend our Annual Friends Celebration.
- Free admission and/or additional benefits at over 345 gardens as part of the American Horticultural Society's Reciprocal Admissions Program!
- * (For garden club and non-profit members only) One free private tour per year.
How to donate and become a member
1. Use our convenient and secure online donation and membership form to pay by credit card.
2. To pay by check, print and fill out the Arboretum Membership Form or send us the following information:
- name, address, email, and phone number
- membership category you would like
- comments and/or special interests
Make checks payable to "Connecticut College Arboretum" and mail to:
Connecticut College Arboretum
Olin Science Center, room 103
270 Mohegan Avenue
New London, CT 06320
3. For further membership information, call 860-439-5020 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you would like to make a gift of $2,500 or more, please contact Arboretum Director Miles Schwartz Sax.
**Any gift to Connecticut College, a 501c(3) charitable organization, is tax-deductible to the extent allowed by law.